The following special benefits are gained through using this technology for the public needs of the Sri Lanka people where getting sunshine continuously throughout the year.
Using electricity connected to the national grid to illuminate public places, cities and streets will add a bit further financial burden to the local business. The disconnection of power supply in many public areas has become a normal experience today due to the delay in paying the electricity bill
These traditional lamps, which were installed at a cost of massive amounts of money, have become obsolete because of the lack of expected objectives. Therefor Solar energy for Outdoor Lighting is sustainable for these projects.
Cost difference of the Installing solar energy light towers and installing conventional light towers have been become less, was a major cause of the rapid spread of this technology in recent years. Currently, there is a reduction in international prices for solar panels, import tax removal and domestic competition. Compared to the fact that the installation is quick and easy, it does not require an underlying wiring, thinning, or a national network connection that reduces the overall cost.
Excluding lack of power consumption, it is significant that long-term maintenance costs are minimal due to independent and automatic operation and lack of breakdowns. Even public network users can use the pillars even in the event of a network breakdown.As there are no underground wiring, traditional technical problems, including electrical leakages, occur in coastal areas and floods.As there are no underground wiring, most of traditional technical problems, including electrical leakages damage occur , would be prevented in coastal and floods areas.
1. Your electricity bill will significantly decrease. Because solar outdoor lights use a photovoltaic cell that charges the light’s batteries throughout the day with the use of the sun’s rays, this provides sufficient electricity to power your solar outdoor lights. The lights will be able to power just about any type of outdoor environment for you at nightfall, and will last anywhere between 8 to 10 hours.
2. It’s also a much safer choice if you have children and want to avoid the use of electrical wires as much as possible. The lack of electrical wires also makes your home safer against fires.
3. If your area has power outages, you don’t need to worry about darkness because you can depend on your solar outdoor lights to work and provide light even if there is no electricity.
4. These types of lights are also very easy to maintain; they automatically charge during the daytime and are ready to work as soon as night comes. Furthermore, the lack of wiring also greatly reduces the maintenance and problem areas when it comes to dealing with home appliances.
5. Solar outdoor lights come in various sizes and styles to suit your needs for lighting in various locations. These can be used as street lights, parking spaces, doorbell lights, gate lights, patio or garden lights, and even by your pool.
6. When used in gardens and outdoor areas, solar outdoor lights can also provide excellent aesthetic value; you can use the light to highlight certain areas in your garden and give focal points to outdoor areas.
7. Well-lit outdoor spaces add to your safety and lessen your risk for burglar attacks.
8. One of the best advantages to solar outdoor lights is that they are very cost-efficient. Also because they provide powerful lighting, you don’t need to purchase several types of fixtures. You don’t have to worry about high installation fees, because they are very easy to install yourself.
01. Impact on the Environment
Solar-driven street lights have no pernicious impacts whatsoever on the environment. The use of solar energy to drive street lights is extremely innocuous and, in fact, far better than the use of traditional street lights driven by electricity which is generated from non-replenishable sources. Moreover, the use of these non-replenishable sources to drive traditional street lights also leads to the production of carbon dioxide as a by-product which is anything but good for the ecological balance.
02. Visibility and Illumination
Most modern solar-powered street lights are affixed with LED lights or built-in with LEDs. LEDs can be coloured in order to reach the desired CRI, making them resemble sunlight as closely as possible and increasing night-time visibility as a result in the process. Traditional street lights usually have metal halide lamps which are nowhere close to beating the visibility offered by solar-LED street lights.
As far as price is concerned, traditional street lights are a lot cheaper than their solar counterparts. However solar street lights turn out to be a better investment at a cheaper cost if the total money shelled out is considered—from money spent on installation and maintenance to the lamp or light replacements et al. Solar street lights require little or no maintenance. Also, unlike traditional street lights, the solar lights do not require electric poles to be set up explicitly, which is a tardy and expensive procedure per se.
04. Lifespan of the Lights
Conventional street lights can last only for around 5,000 hours. The total life a solar street light using an LED lamp is as many as around ten times the lifespan of traditional street lights.
Solar driven lights keep the streets illuminated all through the night irrespective of power cuts or grid failures. Traditional street lights very often stop functioning in the event of a grid failure.